EDEM Massive Decontamination Station for Personnel provides a rapid deployment capability in CBRNe incident scenarios for decontamination of a large number of contaminated people. Integrated into one Air, Land, Railway and Sea transport container which allows its deployment in every scenario around the world in an autonomous way.
CBRN operational protocols determine that Mass Decon Stations must have 3 fundamental operational feature:
- Rapid deployment: time is a critical element in people decontamination procedures. The Effect Times (Maximum time to decontaminate a person before the effects of the contaminating agent are irremediable) of the different agents (up to one hour in the case of chemical agents and up to one hour and a half in the case of toxins from biological agents) require Emergency Teams to carry out a quick and effective decontamination that minimizes the effects on casualties.
- Large Capacity: in the event of CBRNe incidents in scenarios with a large population presence, the massive decontamination stations must provide decontamination capabilities of up to 100 people per hour
- Versatility: variance of contaminating agents (biological, radiological or chemical), the multiple scenarios (urban environments, open field, critical infrastructures, interior of buildings, etc.) and the diversity of people affected (injured, disabled or valid), makes It is necessary that massive decontamination stations must be modular and configurable to be able to adapt to the combination of these 3 variables (type of agent, scenarios and affected).
Autonomous Decontamination Station
Its innovative design allows to Mass Decon Station EDEM Personnel to have necessary accessories to carry out effective and efficient decontamination, as are determined by the CBRN decontamination protocols.
Accessories integrated within station structure are: fix water tank of 3,000 liters (with breakwater), power generator and ATILA decontamination equipment. Additionally, Decontamination Area is used (in transport mode) to store and transport: collapsible water tanks for collection of contaminated water, portable weather station, stretcher system, perimeter LED light system, etc.
This autonomy in its operation and transportation is especially relevant and significant for external operations: deployments in conflict zones in which the lack of resources (water, electricity, etc.) can lead to the conditioning of operational capacities.
Mass Decon station EDEM People is available in two versions:
- Decontamination station on a 20 ‘container: allows the deployment of 2, 3 or 4 decontamination lines, with a decontamination capacity of up to 96people / hour (based on CBRN decontamination protocol of 3 minutes / person).
- Decontamination station on a 30 ‘container: allows the deployment of 3, 4 or 6 decontamination lines, with a decontamination capacity of up to 144
people / hour (based on CBRN decontamination protocol of 3 minutes / person)