LESS LETHAL WEAPONS USE
• In the modern world where human life is most important value, more and more Law Enforcement Agencies dealing in public security prefer to use less lethal weapons.
• One of the effective less lethal weapons is electronic control devices (ECD) – or in a simple words – Stun Gun.
• World statistics show that there are cases of ECD (Stun Gun) using with a fatal outcome.
3 Major reasons for fatal cases:
• Existing ECD technologies provide only 1 or 2 shots (without cartridge replacement) – leading to firearm use after 2 shots are unsuccessful (long cartridge replacement time from front side of the ECDs).
• 1 or 2 shots are not enough or ineffective (no disconnection of cables after each shot-shooting limits in different directions) in the event with more than one suspect – leading to the use of firearms.
• Exercising excessive and uncontrolled power – repeated and prolonged shocks.
These 3 issues destroy the whole idea of “less lethal” and the value of human life. ECD GARD was developed based on the advantages and disadvantages of existing technologies and operational requirements
of the security forces. Due to the technical features ECD GARD enables high efficiency and safety = Disabling a dangerous subject without causing irreversible damage to health.